Thursday, December 13, 2012

Last Day of School

We have been busy preparing for the last day of school for the year. The boys have had tests to take and projects to finish up. I have been busy with my Etsy business as well as taking outside orders...THUS, this "blogging every day" promise to myself has gone by the wayside.

One friend asked if the snow was still here...YES to that. It is not like NC where it snows one day and then is 60 degrees the next, melting it and turning it into a giant mess. It is still thick, white, and lovely. The snow plows are still making daily rounds getting whats left off the streets but what's so funny to me is that the snow NEVER stopped the Danes from riding their bikes!! I tried to snap a picture the other day of the streets full of snow and bike riders passing me by. They were having a hard time peddling their bikes but they were out and riding despite the challenge.

I am going to school with Cameron this morning to take pizza turnovers that I made for his party. There will be a gift exchange, food and fun. Both of the boys have a half day and then they are out until January 7th. We have no plans for travel this break as we are saving for our BIG trip to Paris, Rome and Bavaria Germany in March and then our trip to Topsail Beach, NC in Sept./Oct. when Nick and Ashlynne are married. We have rented an 8 bedroom house on the beach for the occasion.

I'm looking forward to the school break, sleeping in a bit, and the chance to slow down and relax....

More to come later today....

No comments: