Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Cards

Living in another country can mean losing touch with loved ones. It's never intentional, it just happens when family and friends are not only oceans away but in different time zones. It is often hard to stay connected, even with Facebook, email and Skype. 

I have sent Christmas cards and wishes out each year for as far back as I can remember. However, last year was busy with the move to Denmark and with all the challenges of building a new life in another country, time escaped me. This Christmas season I have decided to sit down each night and begin writing out my letters and cards. Not only do I see this as a way to re-connect, but how many friends and family actually receive cards from half way around the world? My hope is that as each loved one opens their envelope, the love, hugs and warm wishes that are tucked inside, slowly escape and fill the room with the same warmth I am feeling when I am thinking of them! Miles and time may separate me from those I love and care about but they are always in my thoughts and in my heart.

                        

  God Jul... “God” is the Danish word for “good” and "God Jul" means Merry Christmas!!

No comments: